Peptide Chemist, Peptide Synthesis Chemist
Apply Now. Please send your profile and CV.
- POSITION TITLE: Peptide Chemist, Peptide Synthesis Chemist (Two)
- OPEN POSITION: From 01/10/2021 to 31/04/2022
- POSITION TYPE: Full time
- LOCATION: Barcelona, Spain
- SALARY RANGE: Negotiable based upon experience
Full Job Description
At Peptidepharma Nova, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Gava, Barcelona. Peptidepharma aim to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. As a full service provider Peptidepharma offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 20 years of experience Peptidepharma is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide. Peptidepharma Nova Leading Partner in Peptides.
The peptide chemistry group at Peptidepharma is seeking to recruit a full-time Peptide Chemist. This is an exciting opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of researchers working to develop the next generation of peptide drugs across a range of therapeutic areas.
Peptidepharma is seeking a Chemist to join our team of dedicated professionals focused on peptide synthesis. The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic, forward-thinking, and possess outstanding technical skills, organizational awareness, and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking a highly motivated Peptide Chemist to:
- Perform synthesis process including solution phase and solid phase peptide synthesis, peptide resin cleavage, resin cleavage with HF or other chemical cocktails
- Perform purification process by chromatography, crystallization and other techniques, and in-process test method.
- Experience in handling automated peptide synthesizer and skills in peptide purification/characterization techniques would be preferred.
- Participate in peptide design/discovery and data-driven (structure activity relationship based) lead optimization.
- Prepare (using automated solid-phase peptide synthesizer), purify, and characterize peptides
- Maintain the team’s peptide synthesizers
- Follow approved GMP manufacture directions such as Master Batch Records, Standard Operation Procedures, Standard Test Procedures and other procedures to manufacture GMP materials, perform in-process test, package the product including other related activities
- Perform project-planning and initiate raw material order-request. Receive raw materials, coordinate with Quality Analysis (QA)/Quality Control (QC) and Material Management for material release and monitor raw material inventories.
- Install, test equipment, operate and maintain equipment for manufacturing and in-process testing. The equipment includes analytical HPLC and prep HPLC system, Lyophilizes, balances, reactors, diafiltration systems, water purification systems, oven, washing systems and others used in manufacture
- Follow and maintain GMP Documentation System. Investigate any process deviation and write process deviation report. Initiate document change request. Help quality control and assurance unit to maintain equipment calibration program
- Routinely maintain/organize work areas (Hood, bench, floor, wall, etc.) and other designated areas at the manufacturing facility
- Develop peptide-manufacturing processes including peptide/protein purification by chromatography, crystallization, and other techniques, and in process test methods
- Assist QA/QC for monitoring raw material inventories
- Write Standard Operation Procedures, Standard Test Procedures, Master Batch Records and other related GMP documents
- Follow SOPs and approved directions to clean equipment used in GMP processes, maintain cleaning log for each equipment, assist in equipment calibration program, and dispose chemical waste generated in the manufacture
- Monitor compliance of Maintenance and Cleaning procedures of equipment and instruments used in GMP processes by periodically reviewing and signing off on maintenance and cleaning log for each equipment.
- Prepare Quality Control samples for HPLC and Maldi-TOF analysis. Operates the HPLC and Maldi-TOF, acquires high quality data from the instruments.
- Coordinate with a variety of groups to quote, manufacture, package and ship for sale custom ordered peptides.
- Inventory all raw materials and promptly places orders as necessary. Communicates supply issues to lab members.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all lab equipment and instrumentation.
- Respond to peptidyl inquires directed to the Peptide Lab in a timely, informative and professional manner.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS, MS or PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy or related fields with a minimum of 3-5 years (MS/BS 10 years) of industrial or pharmaceutical development experience.
- Capable following GMP guidelines and housekeeping rules
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HPLC/Preparative HPLC, UPLC and basic chromatography. Hands on experience in the HPLC analysis and purification (quantity from mgs to grams to kgs)
- Work with hazardous materials and chemicals
- Extensive hands-on bench experience in peptide synthesis a plus.
- Familiarity with modern separation and analytical chemistry techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to solve significant synthetic chemistry problems evidenced by publications or any other documents.
- Able to do problem solving and trouble shooting at the highest level for both practical and theoretical synthetic issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interdisciplinary interaction skills.
- 3-5 years‘ work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a related field
- Experience in the manufacture of Peptides and Oligonucleotides
- General lab instrument (e.g. HPLC, UV Spectrometry) knowledge and operation experience
- Experienced in GMP manufacturing as well as basic knowledge of cGMP and FDA regulations.
- Conduct routine analytical testing of raw materials, in-process materials, and final products using HPLC, amino acid analyzer, GC, TLC, polarimetry, melting point, UV/VIS spectrophotometry, Karl Fischer titrator, FT-IR spectroscopy, wet chemistry, etc.
- Conduct water and environmental monitoring testing (TOC, pH, conductivity, bacterial
- endotoxin, bioburden, etc.)
- Knowledge in bioconjugation of fluorescent labels, carbohydrates, oligonucleotides, and/or proteins to synthetic peptides.
- Experience in the formulation and stability assessment of peptide drug candidates.
- Experience in various biophysical methods used in peptide characterization, including CD, AUC, UV/Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Experience with peptide synthesis instrumentation, purification and analysis by HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Excellent communication, organizational and relationship-building skills, be a great teammate and be eager to take on diverse scientific challenges as they arise.
- Please submit your resume, together with a cover letter outlining your motivation to join our team and your long-term career goals.